AvSoft Australia, developer of the internationally successful AvPlan EFB software, has won a major accolade at the National Aerospace Industry Innovation Awards in Melbourne.
AvSoft Australia received the Aerospace Australia Ltd Civil Industry National Innovation Award for 2015, recognising it as at the forefront of commercial aerospace innovation. First presented in 2013, the National Aerospace Industry Innovation Awards are organised by Aerospace Australia Ltd, the not-for-profit foundation that organises the biennial Australian International Airshow and Aerospace & Defence Exposition at Avalon Airport in Victoria.
AvSoft Australia’s flagship product, AvPlan EFB (Electronic Flight Bag) is an iOS app that simplifies the process of preparing aircraft flight plans, letting pilots replace bulky documentation and messy maps with an iPad. An entry-level version of AvPlan EFB is also available for Android devices.
AvSoft Australia CEO Bevan Anderson said the award demonstrated the success AvPlan EFB had achieved during the past two years. “We’ve gone from one product in Australia to apps for iOS and Android used by thousands of pilots in Australia, New Zealand and the US, ” he said.
“This industry award highlights the value of AvPlan EFB for all those pilots who are still struggling with the complexity and inconvenience of paper-based flight planning.”
AvPlan EFB can be downloaded from the AppStore while AvPlan Lite is a free download from the Google Play Store. Both include one month of free access to the full suite of EFB documents and maps. Annual subscriptions are available from AvSoft Australia’s online stores:
- Australia at www.avsoft.com.au/store
- New Zealand at www.avplan-efb.co.nz/store
- United States at www.avplan-efb.com/store.
For media assistance, call John Harris on 08 8431 4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About AvPlan EFB http://www.avsoft.com.au/
AvPlan EFB is an iOS app developed by AvSoft Australia Pty Ltd, an Australian company that designs and delivers mobile applications by pilots for pilots. AvSoft’s flagship product, AvPlan EFB, simplifies the aviation experience by creating an Air Traffic Control-compliant Electronic Flight Plan on your tablet device in just minutes, eliminating the time-consuming complexity and cost of developing flight plans based on paper maps and tables. Designed to meet the high standards of professional pilots, AvPlan EFB is both affordable and easily used by any pilot, whether they’re in the cockpit of a Cessna or a Dreamliner.
- Chauffeur-driven Tesla company reaches Melbourne Evoke founder and CEO Pia PetersonAustralia’s first fleet of chauffeur-driven, zero-emissions cars, Evoke, has launched in Melbourne, providing Victorian customers with the carbon-...
- VAF demos $90,000 Sony 4K laser projector in SA Sony VPL-VW5000ESAdelaide’s premier audio-visual specialist VAF Research will this week display Sony’s latest and greatest 4K high definition laser projector - worth $9...
- Fire flights over Adelaide Hills and KI create 3D maps of fire grounds for recovery and future safety planning Simon Hackett (left) with Jorg Hacker and an ARA plane"“In many cases, remote sensing data taken from fire-affected areas disappears into a black hole" Adelaide-based Airborne Res...
- Hackett powers ahead with Redflow at Base64 Technology entrepreneur Simon Hackett today reveals plans to enhance Base64, his $7 million renovated office complex built around an historic Adelaide mansion, by installing Austra...