Adelaide-based marketer Robyn Lee has launched a new business that aims to show people how to beat the negative effects of stress through education and knowledge.
Called Evolving Skills, the business seeks to empower people with practical tools and techniques to manage stress for resilience once and for all, using highly supportive and practical programs in relaxation, stress management and the science of positive psychology.
Tonight, at the Hackney Hotel, College Park, Robyn, along with an Adelaide CBD Naturopath, will open up the conversation in the seminar, Stress Less Au Naturel on how to beat stress naturally from the inside out.
Robyn said the cost of stress claims in the Australian workplace doubled during the 10 years from 1997-2007 *. “Drinking, drugs and distractions are deceptive and destructive ways to deal with stress,” she said.
“Our seminar will offer practical and useful tips that range from specific foods and herbs to incorporate in meals, through to learning practical techniques to begin training your body and brain to relax on command.
As a Qualified meditation teacher and holistic counsellor and with a private sector background working and travelling across three continents for over 20 years, Robyn has developed insight into stress and its effects in the workplace. Via her training and education, Robyn uses a wide range of tools and accelerated learning techniques to support her clients and students address issues such as;
- learning how to switch off when desired,
- develop more focus and concentration and
- incorporate more wellbeing into their lives on a daily basis.
Underlying her mission is to assist in making the workplace the primary source for wellbeing in line with SA’s campaign to build the world's first “state for wellbeing”, under Dr Martin Seligman's recently launched strategic proposal, sanctioned by the SA Department of Premier and Cabinet.
The Stress Less Au Naturel seminar will also provide the opportunity to find out more about future Evolving Skills program dates. Limited last minute tickets are available at $30 pp. For ticket, please contact Robyn on 0434 540 110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit www.evolvingskills.com.
- Birds of Australia's Top End 2020 calendar raises money to fight gamba grass fuelled bushfires A calendar depicting Australian birds from which are endangered by increasingly ferocious bushfires is helping to raise funds to support a volunteer brigade which battles these bla...
- SA ‘green’ builder skips waste on site Environmentally-conscious SA builder Energy Aspect Living has designed its construction processes to eliminate building site waste and avoid the need for on-site skips. At a time ...
- How to work out the Pyschology of Love Two leading Adelaide relationship therapists, Giusi Silvestri and Gordon Wagner, this week team up to deliver an innovative program in which couples can learn about the Psychology ...
- Biodiesel production proposal wins the Australian eChallenge A business plan to convert grease-trap waste into commercial-grade biodiesel won the 2013 University of Adelaide Entrepreneurship, Commercialisation and Innovation Centre (ECIC) Au...