ZCell energy storage solution, with companies providing specialist local and national coverage.Australian battery company Redflow Limited today announces the first approved installers for its new
After yesterday announcing the arrival in Australia of its first shipment of batteries for ZCell-based energy storage systems, ASX-listed Redflow has revealed the initial five companies approved to offer ZCell throughout Australia. Redflow has conducted installer training sessions for a number of additional companies, with further listings to be added at www.zcell.com as they are approved.
The first ZCell installers are Off-Grid Energy Australia (SA, VIC, ACT, NSW, TAS and southeast QLD.), Standard Solar (national), Suntrix (SA, VIC, NSW, QLD), The Solar Depot (SA, NSW) and WES Group (QLD, NT, WA).
Redflow CEO Simon Hackett said each company, which already had the in-house expertise and experience necessary to install energy storage systems, was now approved to install ZCell. “We expect to announce more installers in coming weeks,” he said.
A fatal car crash that deprived a family of its mother planted the seed of an idea for a road safety awareness initiative that aims to cut the number of accidents involving tourists visiting Australia.
In February 2011, Strathalbyn mother-of-five Jayne Guttilla was killed in a head-on collision by an Italian tourist driving his car on the wrong side of the road. It was the second South Australian road fatality in a year caused by an international tourist driving on the right-hand side of the road.
Since then, Jacqui Coates and Trish Crosby of Milang have developed the T for Tourist plates program to place identifying plates on tourists’ cars to show they are unfamiliar with local roads.
Jayne Guttilla’s now 26-year-old son, Josh, who lives with three younger brothers, strongly supports the T for Tourist plate program. “I think it’s a great idea,” he said.
A nuclear waste repository under construction in Finland has few lessons for the global high level nuclear waste dump proposed for SA warns the state’s peak environment body, Conservation SA.
Conservation SA CEO Craig Wilkins said there were so many differences between the Finnish and the SA nuclear waste plans that the Premier’s current study trip there would provide little insight. “Comparing Finland to South Australia is a waste of time as the two nuclear dump plans are completely different,” he said.
“It’s like comparing apples and oranges - or in this case, lemons. If the Premier wants to see an operating deep underground nuclear waste facility, he should go to New Mexico’s $25 billion Waste Isolation Pilot Plant in the US – which has a very instructive history.
Resurgent Adelaide restaurant The Henry Austin is delighting diners with high-fidelity VAF SoundWall speakers that match the venue’s fine food and wine with a diner-controlled world-class sound system.
Reborn in the premises of iconic Chesser Cellar, The Henry Austin Restaurant & Bar opened in June this year after a six-week renovation blitzkrieg. By the end of August, enthusiastic word-of-mouth and great reviews were filling the restaurant each Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.
As well as a 100-person dining room and an 8000-bottle cellar, The Henry Austin offers the Hogarth Room, a heritage-listed, oak-panelled, 40-person function room equipped with hidden VAF speakers.
Max Mason, who founded The Henry Austin Restaurant & Bar with partners Tess Footner and chef Shane Wilson, said the VAF SoundWall speakers were perfect for the Hogarth Room. “To offer a room where diners can bring their own playlists, set their own volume and enjoy their own music at such a high quality is a world-class thing to do,” he said.
Conservation SA CEO Craig Wilkins has slammed the potential $600 million price tag to investigate the idea of SA permanently storing high level radioactive waste from around the world.
Mr. Wilkins was responding to media reports that a consultant working on the Royal Commission has revealed that the State Government will need to find as much as $600 million to plan a nuclear waste dump - even if the project never gets off the ground.
"$600m is an extraordinary amount of money for taxpayers to spend on an idea that is very unlikely to proceed in the face of significant community opposition,” said Mr Wilkins.