As Australia unveils suspected Russian hacks on local businesses, Centrify moves to protect US 2018 midterm elections from cyber attacks with eight months free use of its Next-Gen Access solutions
Centrify, a leading provider of Zero Trust Security through the power of Next-Gen Access, has announced an industry-first high tech leadership campaign to Secure the Vote for the 2018 midterm congressional elections in the United States.
Centrify is offering to provide US state, county, and city Election Boards and officials with the protection of its Next-Gen Access solutions at no cost for the first eight months of a 12-month or longer SaaS subscription, importantly covering this year’s congressional and gubernatorial elections.
Centrify’s offer was unveiled the same week that the Australian Government revealed that hundreds of Australian companies were targeted last year by suspected Russian state-sponsored cyber attacks that affected millions of machines worldwide. Also, a US “60 Minutes” report, titled When Russian Hackers Targeted the US Election Infrastructure, validates that the main target in the 2016 US election was election boards, and that up to 90,000 voter records were compromised.
Centrify CEO Tom Kemp said US democracy was under attack. “There is mounting concern that the 2018 midterms could result in more cyber assaults on election systems than in 2016,” he said.
“It is incumbent upon us to protect our citizens’ information, which starts with voter registrations and election integrity. In order to secure the vote, Election Boards need to protect their election systems, and more importantly, sensitive voter registration information against bad actors. That starts with adopting a new mindset that compromised credentials are the main attack vector.”
Election officials face the biggest battle yet when it comes to securing the vote in the upcoming primaries and mid-term elections for the US Congress. As well as ensuring the integrity of voting machines and election systems, election officials are mandated to protect the voter registration databases they maintain under the 2002 Help America Vote Act.
Centrify’s offer provides access to its Next-Gen Access portfolio for Zero Trust Security including:
- Centrify Application Services: Secure every user’s access to apps through single sign-on (SSO), multi-factor authentication (MFA), and mobility management
- Centrify Endpoint Services: Grant access to apps and infrastructure only from trusted and secured endpoints
- Centrify Infrastructure Services: Minimise the attack surface and control privileged access in hybrid environments, and
- Centrify Analytics Services: Determine, in real-time, the risk of every access attempt across all apps and infrastructure, fulfilling even the most stringent Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM)
Centrify is also offering a 10 per cent discount to new Election Board customers to take advantage of its Jump Start professional services program to ensure a smooth and successful deployment of Centrify Zero Trust Security.
Centrify’s Next-Gen Access is the only industry-recognised solution that uniquely converges Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), enterprise mobility management (EMM) and privileged access management (PAM). This mature and proven approach unifies single sign-on (SSO), multi-factor authentication (MFA), mobility management, privilege management and behaviour analytics.
Zero Trust replaces the “trust but verify” security approach with the stronger “never trust, always verify” model to secure endpoints, networks, servers and applications. The Centrify Zero Trust Security model assumes that users inside a network are no more trustworthy than those outside the network. Zero Trust empowers Election Boards to protect sensitive voter information, and ultimately secure the 2018 midterms and safeguard our democracy.
Centrify delivers Zero Trust Security through the power of Next-Gen Access. The Centrify Zero Trust Security model assumes that users inside a network are no more trustworthy than those outside the network. Centrify verifies every user, validates their devices, and limits access and privilege. Centrify also utilises machine learning to discover risky user behavior and apply conditional access — without impacting user experience. Centrify’s Next-Gen Access is the only industry-recognised solution that uniquely converges Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), enterprise mobility management (EMM) and privileged access management (PAM). More than 5000 worldwide organisations, including over half the Fortune 100 in the US, trust Centrify to proactively secure their businesses.
Centrify is a registered trademark of Centrify Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Centrify further extends Apple device management to the cloud Centrify Corporation overnight announced the launch of Centrify for Mac 2014.1, a core component of the Centrify User Suite, which makes it easier for organisations to manage and s...
- Centrify Addresses IT and User Challenges around Explosion of Mobile and Business Apps; Unveils Easy-to-Use, Secure Access for SaaS and Cloud Services... Builds on Microsoft Active Directory to Enhance Unified Identity Services across Data Center, Cloud and Mobile, Resulting in One Single Login for Users and One Identity Infrastruct...
- Centrify and Dropbox partner to enable secure access for Dropbox for Business Companies partner to offer Industry’s most comprehensive Active Directory-based Single Sign-On for Dropbox for Business Centrify Corporation, a leader in Unified Identity Services...
- US cyberthreat expert calls to rethink security David McNeelyIt’s time to rethink security warns David McNeely, a senior executive at Centrify orporation, the leader in securing enterprise identities against cyberthreats, ...