Now available in Australia and New Zealand, new Centrify capabilities reduce risk of data breaches through PIM best practice
Centrify, the leader in securing hybrid enterprises through the power of identity services, overnight announced significant enhancements to its best-in-class privileged identity management (PIM) solution to stop breaches that abuse privilege.
By minimising the attack surface and controlling privileged access to the hybrid enterprise, Centrify’s new capabilities enable organisations to move from static, long-lived privilege assignments to a just-in-time model, where advanced monitoring detects and alerts in real-time on the creation of backdoor accounts that make it easy to bypass a password vault.
Securing privileged access in today’s hybrid enterprise is mandatory in achieving a mature risk posture. According to The Forrester Wave™: Privileged Identity Management, Q3 2016, 80 per cent of breaches leverage privileged credentials to gain access to the organisation.
The increasingly hybrid nature of infrastructure, driven by the adoption of cloud-based workloads, is driving the need to secure privileged access across on-premises, private-cloud and public cloud infrastructure and apps with a single solution.
While most PIM solutions have traditionally focused on vaulting the credentials for shared accounts on-premises, password vaults alone do not provide the level of privileged access security required to stop the breach.
Centrify Senior Director APAC Sales Niall King said data breaches were happening at an alarming rate. “To stop them Centrify is taking a unique approach to controlling privileged access in the hybrid enterprise that simplifies the implementation of PIM best practices and strengthens an organisation’s risk posture,” he said.
“By contrast, password vaults alone are not enough. Best practices require organisations to add and integrate point products to the vault, which leaves gaps in security and increases risk. We’ve closed those gaps with an integrated solution that combines password vaulting with brokering of identities, MFA enforcement and just-enough privilege, all while securing remote access and monitoring all privileged sessions.”
Only a full PIM solution can stop the breach
A recent Forrester study examined four levels of Identity Access Management (IAM) maturity. It found that as organisations implemented more PIM best practices, they experienced fewer security incidents. The Forrester study reported that organisations which reach the highest levels on the maturity scale are 50 per cent less likely to have a breach. In addition, these organisations save 40 per cent in security costs over their less mature counterparts, and incur $5 million less in breach costs.
Centrify’s new PIM capabilities enable these best practices, adding to Centrify’s already comprehensive set of integrated services that help organisations increase their IAM maturity level and security posture.
- Establish Identity Assurance. Centrify ensures accountability by having users log in as themselves and attributing all activity to the individual. Its advanced host-based auditing capabilities now include process-level monitoring in addition to existing shell-based monitoring to attribute all activity to the individual instead of a shared account or alias. This new advanced monitoring adds a layer of security that is virtually impossible to spoof.
- Limit Lateral Movement: Centrify enables organisations to reduce the attack surface by governing privileged access and ensuring users’ privileges only apply on the approved server. Now you can require access approvals for role assignment and make them short-lived. Centrify’s proven host-based privilege management ensures that the user’s approved privileges apply only to the target system, and cannot be used across the network on other computers. This means that if hackers or malware obtain compromised credentials, they will lack the privileges that would allow them to wreak havoc within your network.
- Institute Least Privilege: Centrify now uniquely governs access to both privileged accounts and privilege elevation via roles enabling organisations to implement true cross-platform least privilege access. Centrify lowers the risk of a security breach by granting just-in-time privilege and just-enough-privilege through temporary and time-bound access that leverages request and approval workflows. Audit trails and compliance reporting capabilities now include who has access, who approved that access and how that access was used across privileged accounts and privileged roles.
- Monitor Privileged Use: Centrify now monitors for the creation of backdoors whose existence make privileged access to infrastructure convenient instead of secure. Centrify’s advanced monitoring capabilities detect the growing ‘threatscape’ and alert in real time through SIEM integration on rogue creation of SSH keys that enable privileged access that bypasses the password vault.
See how Centrify Stops the Breach.
Centrify redefines security from a legacy static perimeter-based approach to protecting millions of scattered connections in a boundaryless hybrid enterprise. As the only industry recognised leader in both Privileged Identity Management and Identity-as-a-Service, Centrify provides a single platform to secure each user’s access to apps and infrastructure through the power of identity services. This is Next Dimension Security in the Age of Access. Centrify is enabling over 5000 customers, including over half the Fortune 50 in the US, to defend their organisations. To learn more visit www.centrify.com.
The Breach Stops Here.
Centrify is a registered trademark and Centrify Server Suite, Centrify Privilege Service and Centrify Identity Service are trademarks of Centrify Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Centrify delivers industry’s first unified identity solution for SaaS and mobile management for the workplace New Cloud-based Identity-as-a-Service Solution Enables Organizations to Solve Users’ Password Sprawl Problems and Secure Devices Accessing Cloud and Mobile Apps SUNNYVALE, Calif. ...
- Centrify shields ‘keys to the kingdom’ accounts with CPS Centrify overnight announced the launch of Centrify Privilege Service (CPS), the industry’s first cloud-based identity management solution to provide security, visibility and contr...
- Centrify predicts how to turn the cybersecurity tide in 2018 Centrify Senior Director APAC Sales Niall KingCentrify, a leader in securing hybrid enterprises through the power of identity services, has identified seven trends that will shape ...
- Centrify provides day one secure ID support for Yosemite Centrify Corporation, overnight announced that its Centrify User Suite supports the just-released Apple Mac OS X Yosemite operating system for Macs. This support lets organisation...