Now available in Australia and New Zealand, new add-on for Centrify Identity Services Platform uses machine learning to spot and block suspicious access attempts
Centrify, the leader in securing hybrid enterprises through the power of identity services, has launched its new Analytics Service, which uses machine learning to assess and respond to risk based on user behaviour.
Based on its analysis of constantly-evolving user behaviour patterns, the Centrify Analytics Service assigns a risk score, and enforces an appropriate decision - determining whether the user’s access is granted, requires step-up authentication, or is blocked entirely.
The Centrify Analytics Service is now available in Australia and New Zealand as an add-on to Centrify Identity Service and Centrify Privilege Service.
Centrify chief product officer Bill Mann said behaviour-based scoring gave low-risk users a frictionless experience, easing access and improving productivity, while maintaining high security. “By tailoring security policy to each individual’s behaviour and automatically flagging risky behaviour, we’re helping IT professionals minimise the risk of being breached — with immediate visibility into account risk, without poring over millions of log files and massive amounts of historical data,” he said.
“Thanks to our broad set of enforcement points that include endpoints, applications and IT infrastructure, we can enforce risk-based policy in real time at the point of access. This means high-risk threats can be blocked while low-risk users get authorised access to apps, privileged credentials or privileged sessions.”
Centrify last week released a study commissioned from Forrester that revealed an astonishing two-thirds of US organisations had experienced an average of five security breaches in the past two years. These types of attacks have stolen billions of usernames and passwords, increasing the risk of further breaches. The power of these attacks is in their perfect camouflage. Attackers “look” just like legitimate users, raising no suspicion, since all IT sees is regular user activity.
Breaking the cycle of breach
With the Centrify Analytics Service, Centrify gives IT the power to stop attacks that lead to data breaches by breaking the cycle of account exploitation and impersonation. Anomalous access requests are stopped in real time and potentially compromised accounts are flagged and elevated to the attention of IT - speeding analysis and greatly reducing the effort required to assess risks from across today’s hybrid IT environment.
Arming IT with machine learning frees them from manually creating policy across all their endpoints, apps, sites, services and resources.
Balancing security and optimal end-user experience
The risk-based access enabled by the Centrify Analytics Service gives IT new insights through risk scoring for end users and privileged users to control policy and what action should be taken for a given risk level. Examples of risk-based access include:
- Single sign-on (SSO) to applications: As long as end user’s behaviour conforms with typical access, it presents low risk so IT can provide easy one-click access to their apps.
- Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) for password checkout: When an IT admin checks out a privileged credential or initiates a privileged session to a server or other resource from a location that’s not typical, the risk level is elevated, and the admin is prompted for further authentication.
- MFA for outsourced IT: If an attacker attempts to leverage an outsourced IT credential from an unknown or previously unseen device, access can be blocked entirely, stopping the attack before it can gain traction.
Since the Centrify Analytics Service is part of the Centrify Identity Services Platform, customers can implement risk-based policy across their boundaryless hybrid enterprise of endpoints, cloud applications, IaaS, and IT servers and resources for more detailed heuristics - and more effective policy. Available as an add-on to Centrify Identity Service and Centrify Privilege Service, the service is a natural extension of Centrify’s adaptive Multi-Factor Authentication, adding machine learning that both eases configuration for IT and eliminates constant MFA challenges to simplify end user access.
Learn more about Centrify’s Analytics Service or start a trial on theCentrify solutions site .
For media assistance in Australia and New Zealand, call John Harris on +61 8 8431 4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Centrify redefines security from a legacy static perimeter-based approach to protecting millions of scattered connections in a boundaryless hybrid enterprise. As the only industry recognised leader in both Privileged Identity Management and Identity-as-a-Service, Centrify provides a single platform to secure each user’s access to apps and infrastructure through the power of identity services. This is Next Dimension Security in the Age of Access. Centrify is enabling over 5,000 customers, including over half the Fortune 50, to defend their organisations. To learn more visit www.centrify.com.
The Breach Stops Here.
Centrify is a registered trademark and Centrify Server Suite, Centrify Privilege Service and Centrify Identity Service are trademarks of Centrify Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- JMP Securities names Centrify on Fast 50 List Centrify overnight announced it has been named to the JMP Securities Fast 50 list of the hottest privately held security and networking companies in the US. This first annu...
- Centrify’s Identity Broker streamlines secure use of hybrid cloud Centrify’s privileged access security solution for hybrid cloud simplifies moving infrastructure and apps to Amazon Web Services, while maintaining high levels of security C...
- Centrify delivers identity management to Google for Work Centrify adds support for Android for Work, Chromebooks and secure remote access to Google Compute Engine virtual servers in Google Cloud Platform, while delivering deeper Google A...
- Centrify receives 2014 Mobility Tech Zone product of the year award Centrify today announced global, integrated media company TMC has named the Centrify User Suite as a 2014 Mobility Tech Zone Product of the Year Award winner. The awards ar...