Cohda Wireless has established an office in Shanghai to supply China’s rapidly developing markets for Smart Cities and autonomous cars.Connected Autonomous Vehicle (CAV) technology leader
China is a global leader in developing Smart City technology as its national Government aims to encourage information-rich connected systems to improve the liveability of its rapidly growing cities.
Cohda’s Shanghai office aims to build the company’s profile as a proven provider of CAV applications as the Chinese Government finalises standards for the 2025 National Development goal for connected smart vehicles, a key component of the Smart Cities strategy.
Cohda Wireless CEO Paul Gray said the company was in a unique position in China. “There are no local V2X stack and mature application suppliers in the Chinese market yet, so we have an opportunity to add value as this market is developing,” he said.
Australian-based Cohda Wireless, which already has offices in the US and Europe, is a global leader in the CAV space, with its products deployed in automotive, mining and smart cities markets. Cohda systems have been deployed in world-leading CAV projects including:
- The 2017 Cadillac CTS sedan, which contains Cohda’s world-leading V2X software as a standard feature
- A pioneering research project by Jaguar Land Rover which used Cohda Wireless connected vehicle systems to enable future autonomous cars to drive over any surface or terrain, and
- Collaborating with Telstra to successfully trial Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2I) technology over Telstra’s 4G network in South Australia.
Located the Regus Central Towers business centre in Shanghai’s bustling Putuo District, Cohda Wireless’ China office will be managed by Business Development Manager Shuning Yuan, a tri-lingual executive with a PhD in Intelligent Transport Systems from University Pantheon-Sorbonne in Paris. Local staff will grow to include technical support and engineering resources during this year.
Mr Yuan said he intended to leverage Cohda’s existing local presence. “Cohda already has connections with most of the major vehicle OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers in China,” he said.
“Cohda’s hardware and software solutions are being used in major field trials and pre-deployment projects across the country while all major OEMs, Tier 1s and leading universities are evaluating or using our market-leading V2X system solutions.
“Because China is rapidly overtaking the rest of world in the number of vehicles sold, it’s the fastest growing market for e-vehicles, with the largest number of automotive OEMs. Our Shanghai office places us closer to these customers and markets to cultivate first-hand intelligence of developing trends and requirements.”
For media assistance, please call John Harris on +61 8 8431 4000 or email email@example.com.
About Cohda Wireless
Cohda Wireless (“Cohda”) is the leading supplier of software for the Connected Autonomous Vehicle (CAV) market. Cohda provides innovative software solutions that enable autonomous vehicles to connect with other vehicles and with Smart City infrastructure. These connections span Vehicle-to-Vehicle, Vehicle-to-Infrastructure, and Vehicle-to-Pedestrian (collectively called V2X), and allow CAVs to ‘talk’ to each other, Smart Cities, and vulnerable road users in order to avoid accidents, reduce congestion and be more efficient. Cohda partners with Tier 1 Automotive Suppliers, ITS Equipment Vendors, and Mining Equipment Technology and Services (METS) vendors to provide complete hardware/software solutions to Car Makers, Smart Cities, and Mine Operators, respectively. Cohda’s products are used widely in locations including the USA, Europe, Australia, Japan, Africa, Middle East, China, Singapore, Taiwan, and Korea.
- Renesas Electronics and Cohda Wireless bring together V2X semiconductors and software to deliver V2X reference solution for the autonomous-driving era... Cohda Wireless to Demonstrate New Jointly-Developed V2X Reference Solution at the ITS World Congress 2016, October 10 -14 Renesas E...
- Cohda applauds news of GM’s first ‘connected car’ Global connected vehicle technology leader Cohda Wireless has welcomed news that General Motors’ first intelligent ‘connected car’ is due off the production lines within the next t...
- Cisco, NXP Invest in Cohda Wireless to enable the Connected Car Eindhoven, the Netherlands, January 4, 2013: Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) and NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) today announced that they have each made an investment in Coh...
- Cohda Wireless receives $2 million from South Australian Government to test autonomous driving solutions Cohda Wireless CEO Paul GrayCohda Wireless (www.cohdawireless.com) today announces it has received two grants from the Government of South Australia, totalling $2 million, as part ...