Cohda Wireless has recruited international marketer Andrea Ash to accelerate its growth in global automotive, mining and smart cities markets.Connected Autonomous Vehicle (CAV) technology leader
Adelaide-based Cohda Wireless, which has offices in the US and Europe, is poised for strong growth during 2018 as CAV markets mature, with former technology trials becoming real-world products.
Andrea joins Australia-based Cohda Wireless after working in the US for 17 years, with roles including Regional President at Bosch Power Tools North America; Head of Bosch Power Tool Brand North America; and Vice President Marketing at Dremel. Andrea brings persuasive communication skills and global experience in marketing, product development, sales and operations for B2B and B2C in both industrial and retail channels.
As Vice President Marketing at Cohda Wireless, Andrea is responsible for communication, product roadmap development, pricing and setting strategic direction based on market insights and trends.
Cohda Wireless CEO Paul Gray said Andrea’s global experience would accelerate the company’s market penetration. “Andrea enables us to better communicate that Cohda is a global leader in CAV technology in the automotive, mining and smart cities sectors,” he said.
“Various CAV markets are now starting to mature, with former trials becoming real-world products. Adding to Cohda’s deep expertise and proven technology in this space, Andrea’s experience and cross-industry insight will equip us to better align our offerings to meet these emerging market needs.”
Since 2004, Cohda Wireless has led the way in CAV technology, with proven applications for connecting vehicles, infrastructure and pedestrians. In 2013, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) and NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) invested in Cohda Wireless to advance hte company's intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and car-to-X communications.
Cohda’s innovative software solutions connect vehicles to each other and to smart city infrastructure, enabling accurate vehicle positioning, and cooperative collision avoidance and congestion reduction. Cohda technology allows vehicles to see around corners, know where they are without GPS, and interact with traffic infrastructure seamlessly in real time, making cities smarter and their streets safer.
Cohda Wireless systems have been deployed in world-leading CAV projects including:
- The 2017 Cadillac CTS sedan, which contains Cohda’s world-leading V2X software as a standard feature
- A pioneering research project by Jaguar Land Rover which used Cohda Wireless connected vehicle systems to enable future autonomous cars to drive over any surface or terrain, and
- Collaborating with Telstra to successfully trial Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2I) technology over Telstra’s 4G network in South Australia.
Andrea Ash said Cohda Wireless was a global innovator that offered industry-changing technology for many markets. “Whether it’s cars, cities or mining companies, Cohda’s intelligent transport systems deliver a multitude of proven benefits that will lead us into a better world,” she said.
“It’s an incredibly exciting space to work in, with Cohda’s technology enabling its customers to transform our cities and highways, delivering improved safety, and reducing congestion and emissions for a safer, more efficient and environmentally sustainable transport system.”
For media assistance or to request an interview, call John Harris on +61 8 8431 4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Cohda Wireless
Cohda Wireless (“Cohda”) is the leading supplier of software for the Connected Autonomous Vehicle (CAV) market. Cohda provides innovative software solutions that enable autonomous vehicles to connect with other vehicles and with Smart City infrastructure. These connections span Vehicle-to-Vehicle, Vehicle-to-Infrastructure, and Vehicle-to-Pedestrian (collectively called V2X), and allow CAVs to ‘talk’ to each other, Smart Cities, and vulnerable road users in order to avoid accidents, reduce congestion and be more efficient. Cohda partners with Tier 1 Automotive Suppliers, ITS Equipment Vendors, and Mining Equipment Technology and Services (METS) vendors to provide complete hardware/software solutions to Car Makers, Smart Cities, and Mine Operators, respectively. Cohda’s products are used widely in locations including the USA, Europe, Australia, Japan, Africa, Middle East, China, Singapore, Taiwan, and Korea.
- Jaguar Land Rover takes Cohda off-road Cohda Wireless CEO Paul GrayBritish brand Jaguar Land Rover has used Cohda Wireless connected vehicle systems in a pioneering research project to enable future autonomous cars to d...
- Cohda Wireless and Autotalks announce cooperation Cohda Wireless CEO Paul GrayAutotalks, a leading supplier of automotive-grade V2X communication processors and RF transceivers, and Cohda Wireless, the market leader of V2X - Vehic...
- NSW ‘talking truck’ trial chooses Cohda Wireless Australian-based global leader in connected vehicle technology Cohda Wireless will supply equipment for a major safety trial that aims to reduce truck accidents and improve traffic...
- Car futures collide in conquering solar cruiser Adelaide-based Cohda Wireless today demonstrated its world-leading “connected vehicle” technology in the Stella solar car, which won the inaugural Cruiser Class in last week’s 3000...